Dr. Brian Prax earned his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Life Chiropractic College West in 1996, and has been a successful practitioner in Northern California for 10 years, for 5 years in North Garden, Virginia and now since January 2011 in Charlottesville, VA. He graduated cum laude and also is honored as having completed all of the clinical requirements in 1 quarter (Clinicians are given 1 year to complete their 'rounds.'). In April 2010 he completed the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physician's post-doctorate program to become a Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner. Next, he became certified by The American Functional Neurology Institute as a Specialist in Functional Neurology (March 24th, 2013). He is also a Diplomate of the College of Whole Medical Systems as well as being Board Certified in Integrative Medicine.
What's different about 'Dr. Brian', as his patients call him, is that he brings energy, logic, and love to each and every one of his patients. Working with infants all the way up to Centurians, pregnancy, athletes and injured people, Dr. Brian loves what he does, and does what he loves...and you can feel that!
Dr. Brian is committed to maintaining clinical excellence for patients under his care - facilitating and honoring the innate, self-healing powers within each person. Dr. Prax is actively involved in the community and offers lectures and professional consults to Community Groups, Clubs, Churches, Nurses, health practitioners, teachers, parents and classrooms on the safety and efficacy of Chiropractic Care. His power-packed, enthusiastic, entertaining and educational lectures will surely leave the listener better educated on the benefits of chiropractic wellness care in addition to a great time! Please call the office at 434-977-5433 to set up a lecture.
Degrees and Continuing Education
- Doctor of Chiropractic - Life Chiropractic College West - Graduated cum laude March 1996
- I.D.E. - Independent Disability Examiner for the State of California, 1999
- CCSP - Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner, American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physician's, April 2010
- BCIM - Board Certified in Integrative Medicine
- DWMS - Diplomate of College of Whole Medical Systems
- CAFNI - Certified by the American Functional Neurology Institute
- Continuing Education Conferences -As required by Virginia and California law, Dr. Brian receives more than the minimum amount of continuing education credits each year.
- International Chiropractors Association
- United Virginia Chiropractic Association